Choosing a keyboard can be a daunting task, especially with so many options available on the market. Two of the most popular options are the Yamaha NP 12 Vs Roland GO piano keyboard. Today we will compare the two keyboards in terms of their features, sound quality, design, and pricing to help you make an informed decision.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO?
- How is the Design of Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO?
- What are the Features of Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO?
- How is the Sound Quality of Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO?
- How is the Price of Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO?
- Yamaha NP 12 Vs Roland GO
- Which Keyboard to Buy?
|Yamaha NP 12
|46.9 x 14.1 x 7.7 inches
|34.56 x 10.69 x 3.25 inches
|Shop now at Amazon
About Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO
The Yamaha NP 12 is a 61-key keyboard with touch-sensitive keys that respond to the player’s playing dynamics. It features 10 voices (including piano, electric piano, organ, strings, and harpsichord), built-in speakers, and a headphone jack for silent practice. The NP 12 is lightweight and compact, making it easy to transport and set up for gigs or rehearsals. Read also: Yamaha NP 12 Vs NP 32.
The Roland GO:KEYS is a 61-key keyboard that features a range of sounds, including piano, electric piano, organ, and synth sounds. It also has a Loop Mix function that allows users to create their own backing tracks by layering loops of different instruments and beats. The GO:KEYS has built-in speakers and can be powered by batteries, making it an ideal option for portable use.
Both the Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO:KEYS are designed for beginner and intermediate players who want a portable and affordable instrument for practicing and performing. They are also suitable for users who want a range of sounds and features to explore and experiment with.
The design of a keyboard is an essential factor to consider when making a purchase. The Yamaha NP 12 has a sleek and slim design, making it easy to carry around and play in different locations. The keyboard also has a simple and intuitive control panel, which makes it easy to adjust the settings and features.
The Roland GO Piano Keyboard, on the other hand, has a more traditional design, which gives it a retro look. The keyboard is also lightweight and compact, making it easy to move around. It also features an easy-to-use control panel, which allows for quick and easy adjustments. In comparison, the GO keyboard is slightly lighter than NP 12.
The Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO Piano Keyboard both come with a range of features that make them ideal for both beginners and professionals. The Yamaha NP 12 has 61 touch-sensitive keys and includes a wide range of voices and styles, making it perfect for playing different genres of music. The keyboard also has a USB to HOST port, which allows for easy connection to computers and other devices.
On the other hand, the Roland GO Piano Keyboard comes with 61 full-size keys and a range of onboard sounds, including grand piano, electric piano, organ, and others. It also includes Bluetooth connectivity, which allows for wireless connection to devices such as smartphones and tablets.
When it comes to sound quality, both keyboards are impressive. The Yamaha NP 12 has a high-quality grand piano sound, which is complemented by other sounds such as electric piano, organs, and strings. The keyboard also features Yamaha’s Advanced Wave Memory Stereo Sampling, which produces a rich and dynamic sound. The Roland GO Piano Keyboard, on the other hand, features Roland’s acclaimed piano sound, which has been improved over the years. The keyboard also has a range of other sounds, including electric pianos, organs, and strings, which are all of high quality. Read also: Casio PX S1000 Vs Roland FP 30.
Price is another important factor to consider when purchasing a keyboard. The Yamaha NP 12 is priced at around $200, which is relatively affordable compared to other keyboards in its class. The keyboard also offers a range of features and sounds, making it a good value for money. The Roland GO Piano Keyboard, on the other hand, is priced at around $350, which is slightly more expensive than the Yamaha NP 12. However, the keyboard comes with a range of features and high-quality sounds, making it an excellent choice for professionals and serious players.
Yamaha NP 12 Vs Roland GO
While similarly good options, both keyboards also share some differences. Here are the main differences between the Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO keyboard pianos, listed in point form:
Yamaha NP 12:
- Offers 10 voices, including piano, electric piano, organ, strings, and harpsichord
- Slim and lightweight design for easy transport and set-up
- No microphone input
- Headphone jack for silent practice
- Offers over 500 sounds, including piano, electric piano, organ, synth sounds, and drums
- Built-in speakers and can be powered by batteries for portable use
- Features a Loop Mix function for creating custom backing tracks
- Includes a microphone input
- Has Bluetooth connectivity for connecting to music-making apps on smartphones or tablets.
- 61 touch sensitive piano-style keys are the perfect introduction to the feel of piano playing
- The controller App for iOS adds a rich, graphic user interface allowing for quick and easy navigation and configuration
- The USB to Host port allows you to connect and interact with a wide variety of educational and musical creation Apps on a computer or mobile device
- Battery powered. Uses six AA batteries with five hours of life
- Loop Mix allows you to build songs by simply playing notes on the keyboard
- Manipulate the sounds of your loops with intuitive one-touch control
- Bluetooth audio/MIDI support for connecting with your smartphone or tablet
- Over 500 pro-quality sounds: pianos, synths, strings, bass, brass, and more
In conclusion, the Yamaha NP 12 and Roland GO Piano Keyboard are both excellent options for anyone looking for a high-quality keyboard. The Yamaha NP 12 is perfect for beginners and intermediate players, thanks to its range of features and affordable price. The Roland GO Piano Keyboard, on the other hand, is an excellent choice for more advanced players, thanks to its high-quality sounds and wider features.