When it comes to finding the right digital piano, it can be overwhelming with the amount of options available on the market. In this article, we will be comparing two of the most popular digital pianos, the Roland FP 90X Vs Yamaha P515, to help you make an informed decision on which one is the best for you.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515?
- How is the Design of Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515?
- What are the Features of Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515?
- How is the Sound Quality of Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515?
- How is the Price of Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515?
- Which Digital Piano to Buy?
|Roland FP 90X||Yamaha P515
|Product Dimensions||52.82 x 15.4 x 5.4 inches ||52.6 x 14.8 x 5.7 inches
|Shipping Weight||69.23 pounds||70.6 pounds
|Shop now at Amazon||Check price||Check price
About Roland FP 90X and Yamaha P515
The Roland FP-90X and Yamaha P515 are both high-end digital pianos designed for professional musicians and serious pianists. The Roland FP-90X is a portable digital piano that offers excellent sound quality and playing feel. It has a realistic 88-key hammer-action keyboard that responds to the player’s touch, and it uses Roland’s Pure Acoustic Piano Modeling technology to deliver authentic piano sounds. The FP-90X also has a variety of other instrument sounds, including electric pianos, strings, and drums, and it has onboard speakers that deliver rich, full-bodied sound.
The Yamaha P515 is another top-of-the-line digital piano that offers professional-level sound and performance. It has a weighted 88-key keyboard with Yamaha’s Natural Wood Graded Hammer action, which provides a realistic piano playing feel. The P515 uses Yamaha’s Pure CF sound engine, which is based on samples of Yamaha’s CFIIIS concert grand piano, and it also has a variety of other instrument sounds, as well as a selection of voices and styles for playing various types of music. Read also: Roland FP 90X Vs Roland FP 90 here.
Design and Portability
The Roland FP 90X is a premium digital piano with a sleek design and a stylish look. It is a bit larger and heavier than the Yamaha P515, but they are about the same once you remove the cabinet. However, it is still compact enough to be transported and set up easily. The Roland FP 90X is designed with a minimalist style, making it a great addition to any home or studio.
The Yamaha P515 is a compact and lightweight digital piano with a stylish design. It is perfect for musicians who are always on the go, as it is easy to transport and set up. The Yamaha P515 is designed with a modern look, making it a great addition to any home or studio. Both pianos are well-made and relatively minimalist for modern interior.
The key action in the Roland FP-90X and Yamaha P515 digital pianos is an important factor that affects the feel and response of the instrument. The Roland FP-90X has a keyboard with Roland’s PHA-50 hybrid keyboard action, which is a high-quality hammer-action keyboard that simulates the feel of an acoustic piano. The PHA-50 has an escapement mechanism that replicates the light, responsive touch of a grand piano, and it provides excellent dynamic control and expressiveness.
The Yamaha P515 has a keyboard with Yamaha’s Natural Wood Graded Hammer action, which is also a hybrid key designed to provide a realistic playing feel. The Natural Wood Graded Hammer action has heavier touch in the lower keys, just like a grand piano, and lighter touch in the upper keys, and it provides a responsive, expressive playing experience.
The Roland FP 90X and the Yamaha P515 both have excellent sound quality. The Roland FP 90X has a more powerful sound system and a wider range of sound options, which makes it ideal for larger venues and concerts. The Pure Acoustic Modeling piano sound engine provides a rich and expressive sound that is comparable to an acoustic piano, and the on-board sound system provides a powerful and room-filling sound.
The Yamaha P515, on the other hand, has a more natural and authentic sound. The Pure CF sound engine delivers a natural and authentic piano sound that is perfect for recording and performing in smaller venues; this piano has Bosendorfer sound. The on-board sound system provides a clear and powerful sound that is suitable for both performance and recording, but it is not as loud and rich as the FP 90X’s speakers. Check our other comparison in: Kawai Es8 vs Yamaha P515 here.
The Roland FP 90X is a premium digital piano, and as such, it comes with a higher price tag. It is more expensive than the Yamaha P515, but it is worth the investment if you are looking for a digital piano that provides a premium playing experience and high-quality sound.
The Yamaha P515 is a more affordable option as it is an older model (2018 versus 2021), making it a great choice for musicians who are on a budget. It is a great value for the price, providing a natural and authentic playing experience and high-quality sound.
- Find your signature sound with distinctive acoustic piano tones and deep sound shaping using Piano Designer
- PureAcoustic Piano Modeling sound engine for maximum expression, from pianissimo to fortissimo
- PHA-50 hybrid keyboard combines acoustic-style wood keys with durable molded material
- Turn your piano goals into a reality with three months of free piano lessons, compliments of our partner Pianote, the ultimate online piano lessons experience.
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial piano samples bring two of the world's finest and most prominent concert grand pianos to your fingertips
- The Piano Room lets you choose from a variety of pianos and acoustic settings to create your own personal piano environment
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly-varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano
- Natural wood keyboard action with escapement and synthetic ebony/ivory key tops utilize specially dried wood to provide the same response and feel of a grand piano keyboard
Both the Roland FP 90X and the Yamaha P515 are excellent digital pianos, and each one has its own unique features and benefits. The Roland FP 90X is a premium digital piano with a powerful sound system, a natural playing experience, and a sleek design, making it ideal for performances and concerts. On the other hand, the Yamaha P515 is a compact and lightweight digital piano with a natural and authentic sound. Its older age makes the technology lack behind, but also cutting the price for value.