Some people love to play music, including playing the guitar or piano. The sound of the music will be complete if using various instrumental devices. A piano is one of the most popular music devices in the market. Therefore, there are various brands available and produce several great products such as Kawai MP11SE VS Yamaha CP88. As a favorite instrumental device, the brands produce a piano which able to accommodate today’s taste together with a modern touch. If you planning to get this new item but feeling confused to decide which one is the most suitable for your preference, then this article is the right place for you to start. Let’s dig it further!
About The Brand
Yamaha is one of the famous brands in the market for many years. The brand has been launched various instrumental music such as a keyboard, piano, electric guitar, and many more. Even the entertainment industries have been familiar with this brand. The quality of the sound and music resulted from Yamaha instrumental device has been no doubt at all.
| ||Kawai MP11SE ||Yamaha CP88
|Product Dimensions||60 x 24 x 10 inches||51.1 x 14.3 x 5.56 inches
|Shipping Weight||0.01 ounces||1 pounds
|Shop now at Amazon||Check price||Check price
A little bit different if we talk about Kawai. Some people might not too familiar with this brand. Except that you are in the music industry and has dealt with many music instrument brand. You might have heard about the Kawai brand from the first. Therefore, the next paragraph will give you an overview of the two products. The first is the Kawai MP11SE, and the second one is the Yamaha CP88. Hopefully, it will help to guide you in selecting a suitable piano.
Kawai MP11SE Features
Kawai MP11SE is one of the products among various series of a piano from Kawai. This piano has several great features to consider. Some of the features including the following lists:
- The total dimension is about 60 x 24 x 10 inches with a total weight of up to 50lbs.
- Provide with an LCD and real time assignable control knob.
- Provided with a class-leading Grand Feel wooden-key keyboard.
- Completed with full 88 key samplings for rich selection.
- Provided with a wide variety of Virtual Technician rich on sound editing parameters.
- Completed with 4 MIDI channel controller for the creation of any split.
- Consists of a triple pedal unit and sturdy metal chassis.
Yamaha CP88 Features
The next competitor is the Yamaha CP88 piano. This piano has several features that lovable by many of their fans, including the following:
- Providing a wide range of keyboard sound including grand piano, upright piano, and electric piano to help the user playing any music genre.
- Completed with a keyboard action that design with good knowledge based on the 100 years of acoustic piano-making. Therefore, it can provide a maximum expression for the piano player.
- Completed with a good design to withstand the rigors of the road plus having some extremely intuitive to use.
- Produces as one of the lightest and most compact instruments in the segment with a total weight is only 41 pounds and a total dimension is only 51.1 x 14.3 x 5.56 inches.
Pros and Cons
After looking at the above information, you might be able to summarize the overall pros and cons of each series. Therefore, it will help you easily determine the most suitable piano to buy. In general, looking at the above features will help people to conclude that both products consist of these several features differences.
- For those who prefer to get the product only for practicing shall consider that Yamaha CP88 is lighter and smaller than Kawai MP11SE. It can be seen from the total weight and the total dimension of each product.
- Kawai MP11SE completed with various virtual technician sound editing, making this product is richer in terms of sound editing selection. While you will find a more limited choice if you choose to have Yamaha CP88.
- In terms of sound selection is the other way, if Kawai only consists of 40 choices of sound type, then Yamaha able to give you more than a hundred. Therefore, you have a broader selection with Yamaha CP88.
Not only to compare the feature of each product, but to get information about the overall price also important. Especially if dealing with a limited budget, but needs to get the most perfect piano to help you practice or even perform any shows. Therefore, the following information can give you some preliminary overview of the price. First is Kawai MP11SE which at the moment this piano is selling for $3300 in the market. But if you want to get a new Yamaha CP88, then you need to pay for $3150 to get a unit of this piano. This makes you need to consider that you will have to add a lot of money if you want to get Kawai MP11SE. Even that Yamaha might be a more famous brand to buy, but looks like the price is still within your budget and not as much as the Kawai brand. Read also: Casio SA 77 Vs SA 78.
Kawai MP11SE Vs Yamaha CP88
- Stunning SK-EX, SK-5, and EX acoustic grand piano sounds
- Strong selection of realistic electric pianos and other sounds
- Wide variety of Virtual Technician sound editing parameters
- Intuitive panel with independent sound sections and effects
- 88 Natural Wood keys with Synthetic Ebony and Ivory Key Tops and Graded Hammer (GH3) Action
- Three premium grand pianos, two upright pianos and five electric pianos
- Master delay, reverb and EQ effects with dedicated realtime controls
- Seamless Sound Switching: change sounds while holding notes without sound cutoff
From the information above, it is time to conclude which piano worth buying between Kawai MP11SE VS Yamaha CP88. If you are looking for a quality grand piano with aesthetic classical touch in each of the designs, you might fall in love with Kawai MP11SE. Especially if you are considering as an expert and not only need the piano for practicing. However, you should note that the product cost you a lot compare to buy the Yamaha CP88. Therefore, you need to have a sufficient budget to make sure you can afford to get this product. On the other hand, if you wish to get an ordinary piano but comfortable enough and have a good quality of sound, then Yamaha CP88 might be your best answer to get. Since the product is easy to get in the market, having comfortable tuts, easy to perform, and cost cheaper. It is suitable for those who still practicing or only need the piano to play as a hobby.
Overall, it will come back to each person’s preferences and needs. Therefore, don’t get confused about selecting these two brands. It has been shown clearly that each product is dedicated to a different segment and price. Hence, it will not too difficult to make up your mind by now.