When it comes to portable keyboards, Casio is a name that’s synonymous with quality and reliability. Whether you’re a beginner or a professional musician, Casio has a keyboard that’s right for you. In this article, we’ll be comparing two of Casio’s most popular portable keyboards for experienced players: the Casio CT X5000 Vs WK 7600.
In this comparison, we will talk about the following:
- What are the Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- How is the Design of Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- How is the Sound Quality of Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- How is the Keyboard Action in Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- How is the Connectivity in Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- How is the Price of Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600?
- Casio CT X5000 Vs Casio WK 7600
- Which Portable Keyboard to Buy?
|Casio CT X5000
|Casio WK 7600
|15.11 x 37.3 x 4.5 inches
|50 x 8 x 18 inches
|Shop now at Amazon
About Casio CT X5000 and Casio WK 7600
The Casio CT-X5000 is a 61-key portable keyboard that is aimed at intermediate to advanced players who require more advanced features and sound quality. It features a wide range of voices, rhythms, and effects and has a touch-sensitive keyboard that allows for expressive playing. The CT-X5000 also has a built-in sequencer, arpeggiator, and mixer, making it a versatile option for musicians who want to create their own music.
The Casio WK-7600 is also a 61-key workstation keyboard that is also suitable for intermediate to advanced players. It has a large range of high-quality sounds and accompaniments, making it ideal for musicians who want to learn and practice their skills. The WK-7600 has a touch-sensitive keyboard, a range of useful features, including a mixer, recording capabilities, and a range of effects. While it has a lot of similarities to the CT X5000, there are also some notable differences. Read also: Casio CT X5000 Vs Korg EK 50 here.
Design and Build Quality
Both the Casio CT X5000 and the WK 7600 are designed to be portable and easy to use and you can say that WK 7600 is a bulkier version of CT X5000. The CT X5000 features a sleek, modern design with a large LCD display and intuitive controls. The WK 7600 has a similar interface with a smaller display and a slightly heavier build. In terms of build quality, both keyboards are well-made and durable. However, the CT X5000 is smaller at 948 x 384 x 116 mm versus the 1,161 x 384 x 147 mm of WK 7600.
Sound Quality and Features
When it comes to sound quality, both keyboards are excellent. The CT X5000 features Casio’s AiX Sound Source technology, which delivers incredibly realistic and expressive sounds. The WK 7600, on the other hand, features Casio’s AHL (Tri-element), which also produces high-quality sounds. One of the standout features of these keyboards is the 17-track MIDI recorder, making them ideal for recording and arranging music. The difference is that CT X5000 has 800 tones and 235 patterns versus 820 tones and 20 patterns on the WK 7600.
Keyboard Action and Touch Response
The keyboard action and touch response are important factors to consider when choosing a portable keyboard. The CT X5000 features Casio’s Tri-Sensor Scaled Hammer Action II keyboard, which delivers a realistic and responsive playing experience. The WK 7600, on the other hand, features similar technology as they feel the same on hand, but the CT X5000 has three adjustable sensitivity levels compared to only two on the WK 7600..
Both keyboards feature velocity-sensitive keys, which means the harder you press the keys, the louder the sound will be. This is a great feature for musicians who want to add expression and dynamics to their playing.
Connectivity and Compatibility
Both the CT X5000 and the WK 7600 feature a range of connectivity options, including USB, MIDI, and audio inputs and outputs. This makes them both compatible with a wide range of devices and software. However, neither of these keyboards has Bluetooth capability, which should allow you to connect the keyboard to your smartphone or tablet and use a different app. To have this feature you will need to invest more on the higher end models.
Price and Value for Money
When it comes to price, the CT X5000 is slightly more expensive than the WK 7600. However, it’s important to consider the value for money when making a purchasing decision. The CT X5000 offers better built-in speakers and a more compact form factor with the powerful sound engine. The WK 7600, on the other hand, is a more affordable option that still delivers excellent sound quality and features. Check our other comparison in: Casio CT X5000 Vs Casio CT X3000 here.
Casio CT-X5000 Vs Casio WK-7600
The Casio CT-X5000 and Casio WK-7600 keyboards have several differences in terms of their features and target audience:
- Keyboard Size: The CT-X5000 has is smaller and lighter than the WK-7600, making it perfect for traveling musicians.
- Sound Quality: Both keyboards use Casio’s AiX Sound Source and AHL respectively, but the CT X5000 has a larger speaker system that produces a more powerful and immersive sound than the CT-X5000.
- Voices and Rhythms: The CT-X5000 has 800 built-in tones and 235 built-in rhythms, while the WK-7600 has 820 built-in tones and 260 built-in rhythms. The WK-7600 also has a larger variety of ethnic instrument sounds.
- Effects: Both keyboards have a range of built-in effects such as reverb, chorus, and delay, but the CT X5000 has more effects available and allows for more customization of the effects settings.
- Price: The CT X5000 is generally more expensive than the WK 7600 due to its larger size, more advanced features, and higher sound quality.
- 61 full-size touch-responsive keys
- 800 tones, 235 rhythms (all editable)
- Class-compliant USB-MIDI plus USB device port
- Pitch bend wheel, assignable mod button and expression pedal input
- Features 820 world class tones organized by category in a new easy-to-use interface; eachcan be edited with control over filters, envelopes and more
- Nine strategically placed sliders on the front panel allow you to control the level of each harmonic overtone to produce a powerful and rich organ sound
- A powerful 17-track sequencer can edit and tweak your performances, enabling you to turn out broadcast ready, professional tracks
- Use with Mac or Windows computers without downloading drivers or as a controller for the Apple iPad simply by using Apple’s Camera Connection Kit
Both the Casio CT X5000 and the WK 7600 are excellent portable keyboards that offer a range of features and technologies for musicians of all levels. Overall, the choice between these two keyboards comes down to personal preference and needs. If you’re looking for a keyboard with advanced features and more compact with powerful speakers, the CT X5000 is the way to go. However, if you want more tones and patterns, as well as an ability to use batteries to power the keyboard, the WK 7600 is an excellent choice.